Module 5
This week's Module focused on Responding to Music with Technology. Bauer (2014) states that, "the ability to listen is often considered to be the preeminent musical skill. All musicians and musical participants- performers, composers, conductors, audience members, audio engineers need to listen" (p.106). I've come to realize that I do very little listening with my students and that is something I need to change. They need to be active listeners so that they can tell specifically what is wrong during a performance and so they can develop their ears. Utilizing technology will allow students to listen to music.
I love Spotify and that it has some many different genres of music on there. I am excited to start something new with my students next year. I would like to create listening lists for them. Each week they will need to listen to these lists and respond to the music they are listening to. I can also have them research and listen to a specific genre or composer and choose which song they like best and to write about it. They can also create listening maps.
I found Diigo very easy to use. I love how we can share our bookmarks of useful music education sites and blogs with others.
The software evaluation project was interesting. It allowed me to explore the program GarageBand in more depth. I have used it in my classes and have used an older version. After installing the newer version onto my computer, I am excited to update our school's version. There is so much more that they can do on there now. I thought the program was good before but they made so many more additions and improvements. I cannot wait to do GarageBand with my students next year.
Bauer, W.I. (2014). Music learning today: Digital pedagogy for creating, performing and responding to music. New York: Oxford University Press.
I love Spotify and that it has some many different genres of music on there. I am excited to start something new with my students next year. I would like to create listening lists for them. Each week they will need to listen to these lists and respond to the music they are listening to. I can also have them research and listen to a specific genre or composer and choose which song they like best and to write about it. They can also create listening maps.
I found Diigo very easy to use. I love how we can share our bookmarks of useful music education sites and blogs with others.
The software evaluation project was interesting. It allowed me to explore the program GarageBand in more depth. I have used it in my classes and have used an older version. After installing the newer version onto my computer, I am excited to update our school's version. There is so much more that they can do on there now. I thought the program was good before but they made so many more additions and improvements. I cannot wait to do GarageBand with my students next year.
Bauer, W.I. (2014). Music learning today: Digital pedagogy for creating, performing and responding to music. New York: Oxford University Press.
Comments
Post a Comment