Module 3


       It is important to adapt to the needs of our students.  Our students were born into a technology driven world and they are constantly around it.  As educators, we must understand the way the learn with the use of technology.  With the use of compositional programs like Soundtrap and Garageband, students can compose their own music.  During this process, they can learn form, how sounds work together, use multiple voices, add their own recording of them singing or playing an instrument.   Some constraints are the lack of funding and resources in schools or even having a space to make this available to them.  Soundtrap and Garageband are good for students who are just learning music.  For more advanced students, they should use musical notation devices such as Noteflight or MuseScore.  

   Those two programs allow you to hear the notes as you are writing them in and they are easy to use.This week I used SoundTrap for the first time.  While it is very similar to Garageband, I found it a little more difficult to use the MIDI aspect of it.  The intent of my composition happened because I really enjoyed the guitar-acoustic finger c loop.  I wrote my composition around that so it was influenced by the technology.  It’s in bar form and very simple.  I love to listen to easy listening music and it represents that.

Check out my composition using SoundTrap:https://soundcloud.com/minayad/atpeace

Comments

Popular Posts